I didn’t think I was going to make it through this year, well nobody did. I really didn’t know how precious life is until I was on the verge of losing it.
Here are 18 things I’ve learnt from 2018
- I have learnt to face my worst fears possible and to power through them.
- NG tubes are less uncomfortable being removed than they are administrated.
- To use my voice; I have one so I shall speak up!
- How bloody amazing the NHS are!
- The importance of mobility aids – they really do give you your freedom and independence back!
- How precious time is.
- To be myself, I shouldn’t have to hide who I am.
- To say NO and stand my ground.
- That I enjoy writing.
- I like wearing cardigans — never thought I would see the day!
- To not wait around for things to happen by itself, I’ve got to do something to make these things happen!
- Just how strong I really am.
- That Ataxia can be controlled.
- Physiotherapy DOES work!
- Ewan is more organised with the wedding than I thought he would be!
- To take each day as it comes.
- To like broccoli!
- To be happy within myself
So 2018…on one hand you have been the worst year of my life BUT you have been amazing too because I have met some incredible people who I cannot imagine life without!
2019 will be a special year as Ewan and I get married! I wish you all the best for 2019 and thank you for supporting my blog and hope to continue writing in the new year! ❤